As I was knocking on doors this afternoon to see if anyone was interested in moving my colleague and I saw a fire at the side of the daycare building building on Castlefield Avenue at Avenue Road. While a neighbour called 911 I ran to the door only to find it was locked, so I started banging on the window. Someone came to the door and I alerted her to the fact the building was on fire. She quickly ran inside to get the children to safety. Just as they came out the fire department arrived to put the fire out.
Thank goodness everyone is safe.